What Art Is Online
This online supplement to What Art Is: The Esthetic Theory of Ayn Rand, by Louis Torres & Michelle Marder Kamhi, features much new material--from further reflection on topics and issues dealt with in What Art Is to book reviews and other commentary--as well as brief excerpts.
Aristos (An Online Review of the Arts) / 2003 -
[New material is now published in Aristos.]
PART I - AYN RAND'S PHILOSOPHY OF ART
- Chapter 1: "The Psycho-Epistemology of Art"
- Chapter 2: "Philosophy and Sense of Life"
- Chapter 3: "Art and Sense of Life"
- Chapter 4: "Art and Cognition"
- Chapter 5: Music and Cognition
- Chapter 6: The Definition of Art
- Chapter 7: Scientific Support for Rand's Theory
PART II - EXTENSION AND APPLICATION OF RAND'S THEORY
- Chapter 8: The Myth of "Abstract Art"
- Chapter 9: Photography: An Invented "Art"
- Chapter 10: Architecture: "Art" or "Design"?
- Chapter 11: Decorative Art and Craft
- Chapter 12: Avant-Garde [and Traditional] Music and Dance
- Chapter 13: The Literary Arts and Film
- Chapter 14: Postmodernism in the "Visual Arts" [Duchamp, Pop Art,
Conceptual Art, Installation Art, Performance Art, Video Art, Internet Art, etc.]
- Chapter 15: Public Implications [Government & Corporate Support, Art Law, Arts Education]
- Appendix A: New Forms of Art
- Appendix B: Artworld Buzzwords
- Appendix C: The New York Times--"The Arts"
- [Appendix D: "Arts, Briefly" at the New York Times]
|| Search || Aristos || What Art Is home page || Chapter summaries || Reviews / Responses || Help support this website! ||
© Copyright 2001-2005 by Louis Torres and Michelle Marder Kamhi. All rights reserved.